Oculoplastic surgery is the cosmetic, corrective, and reconstructive surgery of the eye. It manages and repairs problems primarily related to the tissues or structures surrounding the eye, rather than the eyeball itself. These structures include the eyelids, the tear ducts, and the orbit (bony socket surrounding the eye).Ophthalmic plastic surgeons are board-certified ophthalmologists who have completed several years of additional, highly specialized training in plastic surgery. These procedures include repair of droopy eyelids, repair of tear duct obstructions, orbital fracture repairs, and removal of tumors in and around the eyes. Oculoplastic procedures frequently have both functional and aesthetic purposes.
You need to see an Oculoplasty Specialist if you have any of the following conditions:
- Droopy eyelids or eyebrows (Ptosis)
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelift)
- Eyelids turning in or out (Entropion / Ectropion)
- Excessive watering due to tear duct or tear sac problems
- Frequent prescription changes in glasses and contact lenses
- Growths or Tumors (Cancer of Eye)
- Excessive blinking or uncontrollable eye closure
- Excessive wrinkles / skin folds around eyes (Cosmesis)
- Thyroid imbalance
- Paralysis affecting the face
- Anophthalmia - Loss of eye due to injury or infection wherein artificial eye fitting is needed, to improve appearance
We are managing cases of droopy eyelids known as PTOSIS, both congenital and acquired with various kinds of surgeries:
- Frontalis sling surgery
- Levation resection or plication surgery
- Farsenella servat surgery
A large number of patients with thyroid related orbitopathy are treated (in collaboration with the general physician) on a daily basis.
Cosmetic surgeries like blepharoplasty and botox are also done on carefully selected patients.
We also treat special cases of facial spasms, dystonias, lid twitching with Injection Botox.
We also have specialized services like:
- Artificial eyes
- Custom made ocular prosthesis
- Latest feather in our cap is facial prosthesis
These services are available at cheaper rates to needy people for better cosmesis and better life.
FACILITIES AVAILABLE IN THE CLINIC:
- Standard surgical theatre is provided with
- Operating microscope
- Surgical lights
- Operating loupes
- Fibre optic light
- Bipolar and unipolar cautery unit
- Radio frequency cutting- coagulating system
- Diode laser console for DCR surgeries
- Nasal endoscope
- Recording gadgets